URI permanente para esta colección
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoLa Ley de Okun y los costos sociales del desempleo sobre la producción real: El caso para el departamento del Tolima (2001 – 2019)(Universidad de Ibagué, 2021) Cortés Castro, Wilson Julián; Castro Torres, Héctor JavierThis project pretends to analyze the relationship between variations in the unemployment rate and the level of real production in the department of Tolima, Colombia; between 2001 and 2019, with the intention of validating the existence of an economic concept as Okun's Law in the region. For the above, I worked with a mixed methodology, based on documentary review and tools as statistics and econometrics to carry out the practical exercise. In addition to this, a general objective was proposed, complemented by several specific objectives for its fulfillment; as well as a theoretical and conceptual framework that was input for the preparation of this document. Finally, with the construction of the econometric model, the interpretation of the results led to the elaboration of the respective conclusions.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoCalidad de vida en las ciudades en Colombia ¿Qué debemos mejorar?(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Martínez Suaza, Angel David; Ariza Bulla, John FredyIn this work we proposed a quality of life index for ten cities in Colombia. These cities are: Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Bucaramanga, Barranquilla, Ibagué, Cartagena, Pereira, Manizales and Cúcuta. The proposed index has been developed by considering five dimensions related to employment, education, health, safety and environment. For each of the dimensions we take into account an objective as well as a subjective variable. The index shows the level of quality life and allows us to identify the dimensions in which policy makers should be focus on in terms of public policy. Results suggest that cities with the better quality of life are Manizales and Barranquilla while cities with the biggest challenges in terms of quality of life are in Medellin, Cucuta, Bogotá and Cali.
- PublicaciónRestringidoCrecimiento económico después de la apertura económica de 1991 y el desarrollo de la internacionalización(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Polanco Tapiero, David Augusto; Castro Torres, Héctor JavierA World Bank publication on the Colombian economy and the CONPES document presented by the national government entitled "“programa de modernización de la economía colombiana” led to the development at the end of the twentieth century of the economic opening process in Colombia, which aimed at diversifying export markets and diversifying its exported products, because, according to the World Bank, it had signs of stagnation in its economy and had to implement a new model that would boost its exports. 28 years after the economic opening of Colombia, it has been possible to show the progress that Colombia has made on issues of free trade treaties, export structure, new institutions and so on; however, Colombia has a level of concentration of traditional exports mainly of mining and oil products; The United States remains the country with the highest export destination in Colombia and its exports account for 0,24% of the world’s exports.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoEl progreso en Ibagué ¿determinado por variables sociales o económicas?(Universidad de Ibagué, 2019) Perdomo Lesmes, Diego Andrés; Barrios, Carlos Eduardo; Castro, Héctor JavierThe present Work exposes the relation between the results of Social Progress Imperative (IPS) and the purchasing power of the homes (variation of average income subtracting inflation) in the city of Ibague during 2011 to 2016. Establish if the purchasing power of homes behavior was an influential factor in the development in terms of social progress, in Ibague. The intention it’s also to distinguish the importance of measuring the city progress in an integral way, where the social index and not only economics, be indispensable for results. For these, it is taken as a starting point for the analysis, the Amartya Sen and Martha Nussbaum postulates around the capacities focus, with the purpose of bring an teoric explanation to the intention of analyze the Ibague progress beyond economics index. The investigation is divided in two chapters, first one, it realized with an analytic description of IPS in nine cities of Colombia, with the purpose of know the trends and results behavior. Second one, analyze the dimensions, IPS index and components, and contrasts them with the purchasing power for determine the relation between both. The investigation concludes with an approach of the most affected or benefited variables for purchasing power behavior.
- PublicaciónRestringidoVentajas competitivas del departamento del Tolima que lo posicionan como un departamento ganador en términos de desarrollo regional al interior de la Región Centro-Sur-Amazonia.(Universidad de Ibagué., 2018) Salgar Vesga, Angy Tatiana; Reyes Martínez, Jaime Eduardo