Administración del Medio Ambiente y de los Recursos Naturales.
URI permanente para esta colección
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoAspectos metabólicos del comportamiento depredador de hembras y machos de la araña Phoneutria boliviensis(Universidad de Ibagué, 2019) Suárez Benítez, Carlos Eduardo; Franco Pérez, Lida Marcela; Valenzuela Rojas, Juan Carlos
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoRelación entre el comportamiento depredador y la fuerza de los pedipalpos de Chactas sp. (scorpiones: chactidae)(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Avilés Mosquera, Juan Camilo; Medina Hernández, María Laura; Franco Pérez, Lida Marcela; González Gómez, Julio CésarThe success of a predator depends on its ability to capture, manipulate, detect and consume its prey; This is a consequence of the particular strategies that include defense mechanisms and range of availability that each sex has at the time of feeding. In this way, sexual dimorphism (SD) can have implications in trophic behavior, causing a reduction in intersex competition for trophic resources (intersex partition of trophic niche). Among arachnids, scorpions have sexual dimorphism in different parts of the body, one of them being the pedipalps. The genus Chactas, belonging to the family Chactidae, has males and females with a marked sexual dimorphism, not only in body mass (size), but also in their pedipalps (chelas). These allow to capture and manipulate the prey, which makes them an excellent model to determine the trophic implications of SD in arachnids. For this work, aspects of biomechanics were established through the measurement of the pedipalp strength of males and females collected in the municipality of Ibagué (Tolima, Colombia). Likewise, the predatory behavior on different types of prey was evaluated with the following variables: acceptance rate, immobilization time, use of the stinger and frequency of use of the stinger. The results suggested intersex differences in the number of attacks, use of the stinger, frequency of use of the stinger, as well as the strength of the pedipalps where the females presented greater strength with respect to the males. On the other hand, there were no significant differences between sexes for the acceptance rate and immobilization time
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoDetección de imidacloprid y timerosal usando electrodos serigrafíados de carbono(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Paez Quintero, Joan Sebastian; Nagles, Edgar Orlando; García Beltrán, OlimpoIn this Project, an electrochemical device unmodified was developed, it was of low instrumental cost, easy use and application, selective and highly sensitive for the determination of imidacloprid and thimerosal fumigants. To characterize the electrode (SPCE), first it was taken into account its sensitivity by making measurements at different pH, determining that the most optimal pH for imidacloprid was 7.1 while for the thimerosal it was 4.5. It was used cyclic voltammetry techniques, the effective variables were studied in the electrode such as scanning speed, accumulation potential and accumulation time. This unmodified electrode (SPCE) showed good repeatability, excellent selectivity and high sensitivity.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoEvaluación de los niveles de presión sonora de dieciséis instituciones educativas del municipio de Ibagué y su efecto sobre la salud en los estudiantes(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Gómez Castro, Erika Paola; Ramírez Guevara, María Fernanda; Molina, Yair GuillermoIbagué is a city considered with high levels of noise pollution and this is generating some health issues in people. Under that circumstance, it was necessary to visit 16 urban and rural institutions, where it was applied 2088 surveys to students and 1431 surveys to parents in order to evaluate the noise perception and the sociodemographic background, later it was made 137 noise measurements outside and inside of the institutions, using the monitoring protocol according to the resolution 0627 of April 2006, also blood pressure of 1344 students and tone audiometry of 664 students between the ages of 10 to 15 were measured. The findings showed that there is a higher noise level in urban institutions than in rural. Furthermore, in the blood pressure measurements the 94,1% present a normal blood pressure and the 5,9% present a high blood pressure; also, there was not a significant interrelation with the noise due to other variables that affect the blood pressure of children and young people exist. The hearing tests in most of the institutions showed a minimum, mild or moderate hearing loss which has a strong interrelation with the noise produced inside of the institutions. It is evident that the students’ hearing health is being affected by the noise exposure within the classrooms, hallways and the cafeteria of the educational campuses.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoDinámica de calidad atmosférica a través de un gradiente de elevación en la cuenca del Rio Combeima(Universidad de Ibagué., 2019) Pedroza Santafe, Daniel Felipe; Diaz Monsalve, Juan David; Moreno Palacios, Miguel Cesar; Torres Benítez, Alfredo JoséThe present study evaluated the dynamics of the atmospheric quality and determined in a preliminary way its relation with the index of atmospheric purity and the index of liquid diversity, through a gradient of elevation in the basin of the river Combeima, where seven stations of sampling, randomly selecting 10 trees per stations for a total of 70 points. The lichen species present in each forophyte were collected and the most abundant were Parmotrema cf. bangii (29.2%, 1914 cm2) followed by Pyxine pyxinoides. (7.78%, 918 cm2), Fissurina cf. rufula (6.28%, 741 cm2); In addition, measurements of the O3, NO2, S02 and CO gases were made using an Aeroqual S500. The analysis of variance found significant differences in the concentration of the four gases between stations: NO2 (n = 6, H = 165.95, p = <0.0001), SO2 (n = 6, H = 870.18, p = <0.0001), O3 (n = 6, H = 183.35, p = <0.0001) and CO (n = 6 H = 43.16, p => 0.9999). On the other hand, Spearman correlation tests were performed and it could be demonstrated that the LDV was the index that best correlated with the four gases, mainly with NO2 (-0.89) and highly significant (0.0287). likewise, the Shannon, Dominance and Margalef indices were used, where station four obtained the highest average values of wealth and diversity, while the Dominance index was higher for station one. Finally, a non-parametric variance analysis (Kruskal Wallis) was performed to correlate the behavior of atmospheric gases with atmospheric quality indices.