Examinando por Autor "López Garay, Hernán"
Mostrando1 - 5 de 5
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoDiarios del Tercer Acuerdo. Diseñando nuestro territorio por medio del cuidado y la apertura a nuevos mundos(Ediciones Unibagué, 2020) Angarita Ibarbuen, Jesús David; Álvarez Ortíz, Leidy Karina; Barbosa Rodríguez, María Camila; Barrera Charry, Daniela; Charry Rico, Laura Natalia; Chiquillo Valencia, Carlos Manuel; Fernández Zarta, Camila; Gaitán Gutiérrez, Felipe Andrés; Gutiérrez Peñaloza, Juan Sebastián; Guzmán Clavijo, David Leonardo; Lopera Molano, Daniel; López Garay, Hernán; Mendieta Muñoz, Kelly Johana; Morán Fayad, Vanessa; Moreno Puentes, Germán Alberto; Olarte Pineda, Valentina; Quecan Galindo, Legny Libeth; Quintero Salazar, Valentina; Ramos Reyes, Sebastián; Rincón Flórez, Camilo Esteban; Silva Santofimio, Laura; Tapiero Cruz, Juan Camilo; Trujillo Velásquez, Camila Fernanda; Vega Bustos, Carlos Enrique; Fry, Tony; Gutiérrez Borrero, Alfredo; Álvarez Romero, Fernando Alberto; Pastor Quevedo, Elisa Fernanda
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoEspectrofotómetro(Universidad de Ibagué, 2020-04-13) Angarita Ibarbuen, Jesús David; García Beltrán, Olimpo José; González Morales, David Fernando; Lopera Molano, Daniel; López Garay, Hernán; López Santos, Oswaldo
- PublicaciónSólo datosLearning the “systems language”: the current challenge for engineering education(Kybernetes, 2019-08-05) López Garay, Hernán; Reyes-Alvarado, AlfonsoPurpose Present-day engineering education is in dire need to expose would-be engineers to a systemic view of the world. Society’s problems are getting increasingly complex “wicked” problems, and they require inter and transdisciplinary approaches to understand and “dissolve” them (that is to solve them systemically). In this context, the purpose of this paper is to invite engineering educators to reflect on the need to teach systems thinking and spark their interest on finding appropriate methods to do so. This paper aims to describe an actual intervention at Universidad de Ibagué (UNIBAGUE), Colombia, where the methodology of teaching systems thinking as a foreign language has been on trial for one year. Design/methodology/approach Starting with a simple model of teaching systems thinking, and using an action-research methodology, the teaching model is gradually evolved to a model for teaching systems thinking as a foreign language. Findings The authors only have preliminary qualitative results with this systems-thinking teaching model. Although these results are encouraging (the authors think basic systems concepts are better apprehended by the students), further research is needed. One objective of the present paper is precisely to invite engineering educators to experiment with this teaching model. Research limitations/implications The authors think it is necessary to exploit further the teaching-a-foreign-language analogy. There is a vast experience on methods for teaching second and foreign languages. They could enrich the method and hint at possible directions for further research. Practical implications Teaching systems thinking is a field still open for wide research. The pedagogical model developed in this research to teach systems thinking could benefit other teachers of systems thinking to build upon. Social implications As one of the referees pointed out: “The implications of the insides obtained in this research are very significant to society. The problem observed in the systems thinking researchers and practitioner's community about how to disseminate systems thinking knowledge and how to embed this way of thinking into the minds of young people (K-12, university, etc.) is addressed in this research. In it is shown an experience that provides very valuable insides about how this can be done. Originality/value The idea of teaching systems thinking as a foreign language has not been widely explored. Furthermore, we feel that inasmuch as systems thinking is more of a skill or competency, than a technique or theory, then the model of teaching which emerges from this case study might be more appropriate than models of teaching based in the old educational paradigm.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoUna reflexión hermenéutico ontológica sobre la educación en diseño(Universidad de Ibagué, 2016-06-16) López Garay, Hernán
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoSumando Responsabilidades Núm. 3(Responsabilidad Social Integral, 2018-11) Guzmán Torres, Leidy Tatiana; Sánchez López, Juan Camilo; Agredo Bríñez, Jenny Lorena; Hernández Sarabia, Mauricio; Rojas Forero, Geisler Dayani; Ortiz Morales, Gloria Leonor; León Grimaldos, María Victoria; Peñaloza Kairuz, Eduardo; Barrios Sánchez, Elsa Edid; Álvarez Bustos, Mónica del Pilar; Beltrán Tovar, Edna Catherine; Palma Oliveros, Valentina; Sánchez Quijano, Frank; López Garay, Hernán